Protein Bites are easy to make and packed with good nutrition – including fiber and protein. Plus you can alter this recipe based on the flavor or texture you are looking for (see below for ideas). Here are two basic recipes:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats (use quick oats for a smoother texture)
- 1/2 cup whey protein (vanilla, chocolate or plain)
Change the flavor by adding any of the following:
- Vanilla powder or sugar
- 100% maple syrup instead of honey
- Any nut or seed butter instead of peanut butter
- coconut flakes
- chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- orange peel (use honey and walnut butter instead of peanut butter)
Decrease the sugar and calories by using part VitaFiber and part honey.
Add all ingredients to a KitchenAid mixer or other high powered mixer and blend until smooth. Shape into bars.
Almond Protein Bites
- 1.5 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup whey
- 3 Tbsp agave syrup
Bake at 320°F for 30 minutes.
Here is a recipe I’ve been meaning to try (and add protein powder too) because it looks amazing: Margarita Energy Bites